Monday, January 21, 2008

Chunkster Challenge


Here I go again! I'm already entrenched in my What's in a Name reading challenge. I've already finished one book! But this Chunkster Challenge seems like such fun, and I can already think of a few books I've been meaning to read. Maybe this is all the encouragement I need. Although the rules require only four books between January 7 and December 20, I think I'll list a few more ... just to give myself some options. Here they are:

1. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (this one is already on my nightstand, waiting)
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (this is double-dipping, since I'm reading it for the What's in a Name Challenge as well)
3. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
4. Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
5. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
6. A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
7. I the Supreme by Augusto Roa Bastos (This is a famous Paraguayan writer, and the book was a gift from friends who travel there frequently.)
8. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

No comments: